Tuesday, 9 September 2014

What's Your Name?

On the way to the bus stop yesterday, I started thinking about a friend who lives in the neighbourhood.  She usually walks her children to the local school.  I haven't seen her for a while as the kids have been on holidays. Now that the kids are back in school, I wondered if I would see her. I couldn't remember her name.  It's a lovely but unusual name. I asked myself what her name was but all I got was that it started with an E.

When I got to the bus stop, my friend and her husband were waiting there. We even caught the same bus and we had a nice chat.  I didn't ask her name. I figured I would remember. A name popped up which sounded like it but something told me it wasn't right.

This morning, I thought of my friend again and I imagined her standing in front of me. I then told  her that I've been racking my brain to recall her name and asked her what her name was. I listened for her name but I got nothing.

A few minutes later, as I was walking down this road, I saw my friend walking towards me. After we hugged, I said to her: "I've been racking my brain trying to remember your name. Remind me of your name again?"

She told me and it did start with an E.

I wonder why my Inner Voice didn't just tell me her name?  Maybe, my Inner Voice was teaching me how to get the answer by visualising it in front of me.

Enocia

Related articles: Does Amnesia Matter?; Light, Camera, Action!