Wednesday, 3 September 2014

The Travel Guide Within

While I was getting off the bus, I heard this man asking the bus driver how to get to a particular area. As he got off at the same stop as me, I advised him which bus to get to his destination. He told me he was actually going to Whitechapel and he'd been advised to catch two buses. He asked me if I knew which bus went to Whitechapel.  I told him the 253 might get him there.
 
After a few minutes, I had a brainwave and advised him when he got off the first stop to stay at that bus stop and catch the bus 67 and it will take him to Whitechapel.
 
After I spoke to my friend, I heard my Inner Voice saying that the bus 67 doesn't go to Whitechapel but goes to Aldgate.
 
I quickly Googled the bus route on my phone and sure enough my Inner Voice was spot on.  By then, it was too late to tell my friend I had sent him on a wild goose chase as he'd already hopped on the first bus.
 
I believe as the Travel Guide in me is the same Guide in all, I knew the Guide wil get my friend to his destination effortlessly.
 
Enocia