Thursday, 4 September 2014

Love Can Only Love

"To infinite, ever present Love, all is Love, and there is no error, no sin, sickness, nor death." -- Mary Baker Eddy
Recently, William Pooley, a British volunteer nurse who had been working in Sierra Leone with patients infected by the Ebola virus contracted the virus and had to be flown home to the UK. Pooley was admitted at the Royal Free Hospital in London. (I was actually born at the Royal Free Hospital. When I was a child, we moved to Sierra Leone and lived there for a number of years. I still have relatives living there). Like many others, I have been praying for Pooley's recovery.

Pooley's situation got me thinking about acts of love. He had volunteered to help people and yet he contracted the virus. I even heard about one doctor in Sierra Leone who had contracted the virus and died. Why would anyone be punished for performing acts of love?

I believe it's because of our human belief that something can be both good and bad at the same time. One moment you are in love then you end up hurting the person you love. (I've done the same. It's not my fault, it's my human nature). When someone dies after performing an act of kindness, we just accept that as the norm. We've even come to accept death as part of life, therefore, you should expect to get sick and grow old. That's life!

I believe as long as we continue to identify ourselves as being both good and evil, we will continue to commit acts of good and evil.  We will also continue to accept that doing good can sometimes lead to your downfall.

I believe our real Source/Love and Creator is not good and evil; Love is all Love. In other words, whatever Love creates is good for all time. If Love did not create it, it's a dream and does not exist.

The first time I was aware of the good and evil human dream was when I was 10 years old and I was living in Sierra Leone at the time. One morning, on my way to school, I was run over by a car. On impact, I left my body and felt myself everywhere present. I heard a voice telling me that the accident wasn't real and it was a dream. I then returned to my body. Just as I was about to be driven to the hospital, someone pointed out that there was an ambulance a few cars behind which took me to the hospital. As the driver who had ran me over worked as a sister at the local hospital, I was treated like a VIP by the doctors and nurses at the hospital. We also discovered later that she was also related to my cousin's boyfriend. While Love did not create that dream, everything worked out for good.

William Pooley, who has been on an experimental drug, has now been discharged from the hospital after making a full recovery. Now that is real Love at work!

Love is not both good and evil.
Love doesn't punish you for doing good works.

Love can only love.

Enocia

Related articles: What We Experience Depends on Our Vision; The Ebola Virus and the Spirit of Fear; Let's Work Together for a Wonderful World!; What Love Allows and Doesn't Allow; How to Achieve Permanent Peace; Do You Live in a TV Drama or Love Story?; Allergic Reactions; Cause and Effect; Accident or Omnipresence at Work?