Friday, 1 August 2014

Irony

When I noticed this man walking ahead of me wearing a t-shirt with the words X [Computer Company Name] Advisor, I thought I'd have some fun with him.

Excuse me, could you give me some computer advice?" I said.

"Advice?  What is advice? What do you mean?"  he said.

"But your t-shirt says advisor?" I pointed to his shirt.

It was then he realised what I meant and smiled.

"I'm only playing with you." I said.

I recently had a brief conversation on the bus with a passenger sitting beside me. When I noticed the woman was looking at a map, I said, "Can I help?"

"I don't understand you!" she said.

"Where do you want to go?" I said.

"Sorry, I don't speak English!" she said.

Funny how the woman can't speak English, yet she said "I don't speak English!" in perfect English.

When her mobile phone rang, I discovered she was Italian. 

I love irony!

Enocia