Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Seeing the Future or Predicting the Future?



Four days ago, as I was walking in this particular neighbourhood, I thought of an old friend - a white cat I've seen a few times before. I haven't seen him in well over a year. I wondered how he was doing. In my mind's eye, I could see him rubbing his head against the fence as he has done in the past.

Today, as I was walking through the same neighbourhood, I saw the same white cat running through the fence of the local school. When I called out to him, he ran towards me. He miaowed at me and seemed very happy to see him. Of course, I told him what a gorgeous cat he was. He didn't come out of the fence, he kept rubbing his head and his body against the fence. I reached through the fence to stroke him. When I said goodbye, he came through the fence and ran behind me. He rubbed his head against my legs. Then he ran behind the fence again and continued to rub his head against it.

I thought he was so adorable. (I took some photos of him, see the photo above).

Later, I wondered whether the image I had seen of my cat friend in my mind's eye was me seeing into the future or did my "seeing" the cat make it happen.

Either way, it was wonderful to see my cat friend again.

Enocia

Related articles: Making Friends Along the Way; Predicting the Future